Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Sunday, June 27, 2010
Friday, June 25, 2010
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Friday, June 18, 2010
For now, I want to share with y'all my new most favorite thing in the world. I love this song. I have it in my ipod and I listen to it and sing it as much as possible. And not just to be annoying, i truly love it.
Saturday, June 12, 2010
So, I didn't blog about 114; Rampage vs Evans but not because I didn't value it, i just simply had no time to get it done. I really liked that card.
I've also been hearing people shitting on 115. While Liddell vs Franklin is not the matchup we've all been waiting for, from top to bottom it is a good battle of quality fighters. If you're not happy with this one you're most probably a spoiled, spoiled UFC fan.
Chuck Liddell vs. Rich Franklin - So, the big story is that Chuck is in the best shape of his life. While he looks as lean as ever, I don't think you can fix your chin issues by working out. Franklin has his own suspect chin but I don't think his technical skills have depreciated as much as Liddell's have. I see this going to a decision in Franklin's favor but if either get gets knocked out I won't be surprised. Franklin by decision.
Patrick Barry vs. Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic - I see a 'passing of the torch', in so much as 'The' one dimensional former kickboxer turned MMA fighter is most likely gonna get beat by the new one dimensional former kickboxer turned MMA fighter. Barry is likely to bet Cro cop at what Cro Cop does best. Barry by TKO, rd 2.
Martin Kampmann vs. Paulo Thiago - thiago doesn't have the greatest striking technique but he gets away with it because h is chin is olid and he has big power. As well rounded as Kampmann is, i believe Thiago has a better ground game and will control where the fight happens. I'm taking Thiago by decision but I will not be surprised in the least if he lands a big shot on Kampmann and follows up with some type of finish.
Ben Rothwell vs. Gilbert Yvel - Yvel is a big strong dude and has the power to put away 'Big' Ben. I see Rothwell weathering the early storm and then taking over the fight. Rothwell by TKO, rd. 2.
Carlos Condit vs. Rory MacDonald - My favorite fight on this card, I really don't know what to expect. These are 2 very similar well rounded fighters and I just want to see a great fight. My gut says that Condit may be overlooking the young, Canadian phenom's skills, so I'll take Macdonald by decision.
Mac Danzig vs. Matt Wiman - Wiman by decision.
David Loiseau vs. Mario Miranda - Loiseau is gonna throw some spinning back kicks. I don't know much about Miranda but I think he puts takes 'the Crow' down and beats him up. Miranda by TKO, rd. 1.
Peter Sobotta vs. James Wilks - Wilks by decision
Ricardo Funch vs. Claude Patrick - I'm very excited to see the UFC debut of the Toronto boy Claude Patrick. I'll take Patrick by submission, rd. 1.
Jesse Lennox vs. Mike Pyle - Pyle by decision
Friday, June 11, 2010
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Here it is,
1) Hot Rod - I put this as number 1 not only because it is the most slept on brilliant comedy ever, but it is amazing, and hilarious in every way.
Hot rod features the break out preformances of the Lonely Island (Andy Samberg, Akiva Schaffer, Jorma Taccone), Danny McBride, & Bill Hader.
Not to mention, Ian McShane, Will Arnett, & Chris Parnell are also featured as hilarious side characters.
From the Europe heavy score to Rods punch-dancing in the woods, right down to the Cool Beans, this movie has everything I didn't realize I wanted.
I dare you, I fucking dare you to watch Hot Rod with a group of friends and not have the time of your lives. AND if you and your friends watch Hot Rod and don't find it amazing, then you are most likely a bunch of dickheads.
2) Anchorman - It is probably the most quotable movie of all time. Everyone loves it. It is ridiculous and amazing. 3) Superbad - Great breakout performances by Jonah Hill & the kid who plays McLovin. Michael Cera at his best (just playing himself but doing really good this time around). Bill Hader & Seth Rogen are funny as hell and almost steal the show. Killer soundtrack. Maybe as quotable as Anchorman.
I graduated high school in 2001 and I always felt that 'American Pie' was our 'Animal House' and I feel that Superbad was that for the current group of high school kids. This movie is weird and crazy and fun as hell. 4) Hangover - It's probably the most well written comedy since.... I can't think of another well written comedy but trust me, its very well written & still hilarious. A lot of the best jokes are actually very subtle.
5) Pineapple Express - I love it. Pineapple is THE perfect blend of comedy and action. A movie that potheads and non-potheads alike can enjoy.
6) Walk Hard - John C. Reilly is hilarious as the moronic Dewey Cox in this 'Walk the Line' parody. Upon first viewing I thought it was stupid and ridiculous until about the halfway point, then I realised that it is brilliant. 7) Knocked Up - We got a glimpse of what the Apatow/Rogen team up was gonna look like with 'the 40 Year Old Virgin' but I think Knocked Up did it a little better. 8) Borat/Bruno - These 2 movies are tied simply because they are almost the exact same movie. One is super rascist and kinda gay, the other is just super gay. Both are super funny.
9) Orange County - I know I'm gonna hear some shit about this pick but I absolutely love it & I feel it is very, very underrated.
Tom Hanks' son is pretty great in the lead role but Jack Black's junkie brother character steals the show. I always find Jack Black better when he's not the lead.
Throw in great cameos from Catherine O'Hara, John Lithgow, Harold Ramis, Lily Tomlin, Chevy Chase, Ben Stiller, and Kevin Kline, that equals great movie.
10) Team America - I'm not sure why this Thunderbirds parody from the creators of Southpark is so great, but I do know it IS great. Team America is ballsy in many different ways and it works. This movie doesn't fuck around.
I wanted to give honorable mentions to the JackAss movies (#1,#2, & #2.5). I didn't give any of them a spot in the top 10 simply because I don't consider them 'movies' but more a series of very funny, very stupid, jaw-dropping skits and scenarios, but I will say that when I watched these 'movies' I laughed so hard, so many times that it actually caused me physical pain in the stomach region. I thought that was worth mentioning.
please comment or email me your top 10 lists. I am curious what everyone else thought of the last decade.