Saturday, January 22, 2011

UFC : Fight For the Troops 2 !!

Matchups:

Melvin Guillard vs. Evan Dunham - Guillard has improved a ton since joining the Greg Jackson camp and will be a very tough fight. I like Dunham in this though. He is a better prospect who will be in the title picture real soon. Dunham gets better every fight and I'll take him to win a close decision over Guillard.
Matt Mitrione vs. Tim Hague - I'm surprised Hague is back in the UFC again. I doubt this will be a thrilling fight. Both guys will never be title contenders and are barely UFC quality fighters. I'll go with Mitrione by sub., rd 1.
Mark Hominick vs. George Roop - I think this fight is gonna be a lot closer than everyone thinks. Roop has found his spot at 145 and is improving every time he fights. This should be a stand up battle with Hominick being more technical and winning a decision.
Patrick Barry vs. Joey Beltran - 2 heavyweights (that should be fighting at 205) with good striking skills. As long as it stays standing Barry should have the advantage. I'll take Barry by TKO, rd. 2.
Cole Miller vs. Matt Wiman - I love this fight. It's gonna be a battle. I'll take Miller by sub, rd. 3. I think we're looking at a major 'Fight of the Night' candidate.
DaMarques Johnson vs. Michael Guymon - I won't be surprised to see the loser of this one get cut from the UFC. I think 'Joker' Guymon has the more well rounded game and has the grappling chops to pull out a submission on the Ultimate Fighter alum Johnson. Guymon by submission, rd. 2.
Yves Edwards vs. Cody McKenzie -
I don't know much about this kid from the Ultimate Fighter season 12 except that I've seen GIF's of him getting KO'd by a Nam Phan. I'll take the veteran Edwards by TKO, rd. 1.
Rani Yahya vs. Mike Thomas Brown - Brown is gonna be a beast against the Jiu Jitsu ace. I know Brown hates coming off a loss and will be looking to end this one quick. Yahya is gonna be undersized & I don't even think he'll be able to get it to the ground where he needs it. Brown by TKO, rd. 1.
I'm not gonna lie, I'm not familiar with the rest of these fighters so I'm just gonna flip a coin on the last 3 picks.

Will Campuzano vs. Chris Cariaso - Campuzano by decision
Waylon Lowe vs. Willamy Freire - Freire by decision
Amilcar Alves vs. Charlie Brenneman -
Brenneman by decision

No comments: