Saturday, August 28, 2010

UFC 118 : Edgar vs Penn 2 , Couture vs Toney!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Alright, I'm trying to get ready for the Fan Expo so I gotta run through these quick.

UFC 118 - Edgar vs. Penn 2 , August 28, 2010, TD Garden, Boston, Massachusetts

Matchups:

UFC Lightweight Championship, Frankie Edgar vs. B.J. Penn - I didn't think BJ looked like the best BJ we've seen last time out. I still think BJ got the better of the exchanges and should've won the first 4 rounds. This time, I hope we get the best Penn showing up to reclaim his title. I think Frankie is in for a battle & he's gonna get hurt. Penn by TKO, rd. 3.

Randy Couture vs. James Toney - This freakshow is pretty exciting. I don't picture Toney having any success defending Randy's wrestling. He has probably a single punch to land before Randy brings him into his world. I wouldn't be surprised if Toney lands a big uppercut from the clinch and KO the aging Couture, but the odds are in Randy's favor. Couture by submission, rd. 1.

Kenny Florian vs. Gray Maynard - I'm really diggin this battle for the #1 contender spot. I think Kenny will defend takedowns & light up Gray on the feet. Florian by decision.


Demian Maia vs. Mario Miranda - Miranda is solid but Maia is better at everything he's good at. Maia by submission, rd. 2.

Nate Diaz vs. Marcus Davis - Diaz by decision


Joe Lauzon vs. Gabe Ruediger - I'm smelling upset here. Lauzon did not look great in his comeback against Stout, & Ruediger has quietly been improving his game on smaller shows. Ruediger by decision.


Andre Winner vs. Nik Lentz - Winner by KO, rd. 2.


Dan Miller vs. John Salter - Miller by decision.


Nick Osipczak vs. Greg Soto - Ozipczak by decision.

Mike Pierce vs. Amilcar Alves - Pierce by TKO, rd. 1.

No comments: