Saturday, October 23, 2010

UFC 121 : Lesnar vs Velasquez!!!!

UFC 121 - Lesnar vs. Velasquez
October 23, 2010
Honda Center, Anaheim, California, United States

Matchups:


UFC Heavyweight Championship
Brock Lesnar vs. Cain Velasquez - I'm taking Velasquez. Brock's much bigger and probably a little faster but I think, from what I've seen, Cain has the advantage in every technical department. Velasquez's wrestling is definitely underrated against the NCAA credentials of Brock but I think he is the better wrestler, especially for MMA. I could see this going either way but the longer the fight goes I see Brock tiring quickly having to deal with Cain's clinch and I see Cain taking over the fight. If Brock is gonna win this, it'll probably be in the first round. Velasquez by TKO, rd 3.
Jake Shields vs. Martin Kampmann - Kampmann is definitely being overlooked in this fight. Martin has a very underrated ground game. That being said, I see Shields getting top position, maybe even securing mount and smothering Kampmann. I think it'll be a boring Shields decision victory.
Paulo Thiago vs. Diego Sanchez - This should be a great fight. 2 very tough fighters with half decent striking games & well rounded Jiu Jitsu. I see a 3 round war with Thiago getting maybe a split decision. Something like that. Prob a 'Fight of the Night'.
Tito Ortiz vs. Matt Hamill - Hammill's gonna beat up on Tito. Bad match up for Ortiz. Hammill by Decision.
Brendan Schaub vs. Gabriel Gonzaga - Gonzaga all the way!!! 'Napao' by KO. rd. 1!
Court McGee vs. Ryan Jensen - Court by decision.
Patrick Cote vs. Tom Lawlor - Both guys have bad gas tanks. I think the Canadian will give Lawlor his walking papers. Cote by TKO, rd. 3.
Michael Guymon vs. Daniel Roberts - Roberts by TKO
Sam Stout vs. Paul Taylor - Stout by Decision
Gilbert Yvel vs. Jon Madsen
- Yvel doesn't look to be in great shape, especially since he doesn't have great cardio to begin with. Madsen should take him down and 'lay and prey' for a 3 round decision.
Dongi Yang vs. Chris Camozzi - Don't really know these guys. I'll take a shot in the dark and go, Yang by submission.

No comments: