Friday, September 25, 2009

25 Questions with Bloody Brian Bot

Let's spend a few minutes to get to know artist & author of the Bloody Mess blog,


1) Who are you & what do you do?

I am Brian Boodnarine, and I may or may not be currently employed.

2) Seen any good movies lately?

I was just talking about this last night...the last movie I saw in theatres was the Dark Knight, and as much as I loved the movie and was happy that I saw it before all the cool kids could ruin the Joker's lines for me with very poor interpretations of them, that's still no reason to shut the door, like "I'm done", close up shop with the whole "seeing another movie" mentality. I like documentaries a lot though, if you want to know which types are my favourite, just ask Shane which ones he would never watch "cuz dey iz conspeeraseez!!1"


3) What are you listening to?

I don't mean to sound like a Grandpa, but in my day, you could turn on the radio and enjoy it for a good while without running for your burnt cd collection. I love hip hop, but I'm tired of defending it. At its core , everyone can identify with it, its just that now you gotta dig a little bit for it, even the major label artists. But we're living in an easy time, where if you felt like sampling an artist's work while you're reading this, you could just google Little Brother, or Immortal Technique and BAM!...bliss. 4) What do you do to relax?

I like to listen to music, draw, look up weird, interesting stuff, usually at the same time. My cousin just reminded me that I can play guitar, and I used to play drums at my boi's house until he had a beautiful daughter...I still think she'd be ok with some noise cancelling headphones, but whatever. And videogames, Ps3, Psp, once in a while with some friends, if we're feeling nostalgic,I'll bust out the old school systems like Sega Master System, or Super nintendo.

5) What's your favourite book?

Twilight. I'm kidding, Catch 22, Hamlet, yeah I said it, but I haven't read a book in a whiiiile...it's not like I don't have the patience for it, cause I could read articles for hours when I'm into something, but I think my problem is I wanna know everything, I wanna be everywhere, I wanna do everything at the same time, so that might have something to do with my need to switch it up sometimes. Fun Fact: I'm like that with sex positions, too 6) You order a pizza all to yourself, what toppings do you get?

chicken, mushrooms, and the 3rd one always takes longer to decide than the first 2. By the way, the operators LOVE when you can't make up your mind.

7) what's your favourite fruit?

I usually eat a fruit salad everyday. I love fruits, so as many as i can fit into a big cereal bowl is my favourite fruit.

8) Favourite junk food?

Cheetos. It's capitalized, to show respect.

9) What's the best concert you've ever been to?

I'm conflicted, cause I love the Alice in Chains and Tool shows, cause they're my top 5 artists, but I think the one with Static-X, Staind, Linkin Park, and Stone Temple Pilots might be it. Big drunk show+big drunk people=big drunk energy.


10) Biggie or Tupac?


Biggie for the flow, 'Pac for the lyrics. Both brilliant at painting words with pictures, with these hip hop scriptures.



11) Who's your childhood crush?

Jessica Alba and Alyssa Milano. Can't go wrong with either of them today. It's funny, a couple days ago, I saw the Fresh Prince episode, where Carlton and Will talked about their childhood crushes being Barbara Walters, then for some reason that reminded me of how my first crush on a celebrity was Paula Abdul. I think now, crushing on her might be the equivelant of Amy Winehouse.




12) If you could travel anywhere right now, where would you go?

Everywhere, to do everything. Seriously, I would time travel to critical points in history to make sure I had a hand in shaping everything, except volcanoes, cause thats just fucking dangerous.

13) Any TV shows you're watching right now ?

Nothing with any form of regularity but I like pretty much anything on Adult Swim. I heart Anime as well.

14) What's your guilty pleasure?

It's extremely rare when I can do this due to my surprisingly strong will power, but heading down to Popeyes, getting the 5 pc chicken strip combo with some friends, head home and play online games with those greasy friends until we can't speak anymore from grease congestion. 15) Favourite super hero(es)?

Spawn, Spidey, Batman, Darkness


16) What pisses you off?

I really hate hypocrites, or people trying hard to be what they're not. It was ok for 9th grade, but I love the art of conversation with friends, new people, people living on the street, everyone has a story that no one else experienced. This gets skewed when people become too afraid to express themselves to share with people, even in conversation, cause some would rather lie to blend in than be truthful and stand out as an individual.

17) Rank these hairstyles from best to worst, fauxhawk, comb over, mushroom cut, mullet.

fauxhawk, mushroom cut, comb over, mullet. Tough, tough question, made even tougher since I had a mushroom cut for years haha.
18) Favourite Saturday Night Live cast member (past or present) & why?

Farley, Belushi, and I still have love for Norm Mcdonald. Check out the Bob Saget roast, if you share that love.


19) Saturday morning cartoon you had to watch?

TMNT at like 7am. Dude, Saturday mornings used to have everything you ever wanted to watch , packed into like 5 or 6 hours of pajama wearing, cereal crunching goodness. Transformers, GI joe, Xmen, gargoyles, C.O.P.S, Thundercats...I could go on and on. Then you'd still get to enjoy the day outside, cause thats what kids did before computers ran their lives.

20) Craziest place you've ever done the 'no pants dance' ?

Parks, fields, outside establishments, strangers backyards. That last one sounded extra dirty.
21) Beverly Hills 90210 or Saved by the Bell?

Saved by the Bell if I had to choose, but I was never a big fan of either(!)

22) Favourite artist(s)?

Yoshitaka Amano, Yoji Shinkawa, Finch, Mcfarlane, Turner (r.i.p.), Cassaday, Hitch, Lee, Portacio and any artists who still give free sketches. Much Love.


23) If you were on death row what would your last meal be?

Something, with Popeyes and Cheetos (both capitalized). I used to pose this question to my friends, and it would always include steak and lobster. I would try to sqeeze a little bit of everything on the plate or whatever they serve it on. 24) 20 years from now, you will be _____________?


Going through a midlife crisis. Seriously, I make a conscious effort to learn from mistakes and appreciate the life I was given by unknown forces, or known biology. Hopefully, I'll get to keep my morals and my hair won't try to escape from my scalp.

25) How awesome are you? Feel free to use a scale of 1 - 10.

My humble side says 7, but my awesome side says 11.5!!!!!!!!!!11111!!!!1!!

1 comment: