Monday, September 21, 2009

Hellboy pencil sketch

It's kind of weird but even though I am not a big fan of the comics or movies, I get a real kick out of drawing Hellboy. He is a very fun character to draw. I always draw him differently as I search for 'my' Hellboy. Mignola's version is so wonderful & stylized it is hard to put your stamp on him without venturing too far from the original version. One day, I would like to do a Hellboy story in some capacity.

If anyone would like this pencil sketch, I will mail it out to the first person to email me. prettygoodcomics@gmail.com ( Dylan, you only get it if nobody else emails me)

2 comments:

dylanio21 said...

Damnit Shane!
Haha.

I must say this one blows me away.
It looks like you could jump off this and go and do some Classic Cable comics but revamped for 2009.
The way you did everything here is great man, kudos.

I hope you're ready for the 3rd!

BloodyBrianBot said...

this is bombastic man,