Wednesday, September 16, 2009

UFC Fight Night 19

I'm just realizing as I write this that I am dumb. I've been looking forward to seeing this fight night card & watching the premiere of the Ultimate Fighter season 10 : Rampage vs Rashad - Heavyweights. I have also been very eager to see my favorite band, Clutch @ the Phoenix Concert Theatre. I am realizing that they are all on at the same time. I have my ticket to Clutch & I will go, but if I skip the opening bands, I can probably watch most or all of the Fight Night, & then catch Ultimate Fighter online. I guess that'll have to do.

I hate the Ultimate Fighter show but I am looking forward to seeing Kimbo Slice & the other heavyweights, along with coaches Rashad Evans & 'Rampage' Jackson interact. I am thinking that Roy Nelson is gonna win the whole thing, & I will most likely lose interest after the second episode so I guess it's not so bad that I'll be missing it.

I am looking forward to Fight Night 19 & here's how I think it's goin' down,

UFC Fight Night 19: Diaz vs. Guillard - Sep 16, 2009 - Oklahoma City, Okla. - Cox Convention Center

MAIN CARD

•Nate Diaz vs. Melvin Guillard - I am not a fan of either of these 2. It actually works out that this is the main event because I may have to miss the end & I don't mind missing this one. Nate Diaz will most likely submit Melvin or work enough for a boring decision.
Diaz by submission, rd 2.

•Roger Huerta vs. Gray Maynard - I like this fight a lot. I'm thinking Gray is going to show of his newly improved striking skills & get the better of Huerta. This is gonna be a good one.
Maynard by decision. •Carlos Condit vs. Jake Ellenberger - I like Condit in this one, but I can see the heavy-handed Ellenberger coming with the upset. This has fight of the night, & maybe fight of the year potential.
Condit by submission, rd 3. •Tim Credeur vs. Nate Quarry - I like both of these guys. Credeur has improve a lot since his loss to CB Dollaway on the Ultimate Fighter 7, but I don't see him getting past TUF 1 veteran Quarry. I think Quarry will use his excellent sprawl to avoid any ground game from Credeur & will get the better of the stand up.
Quarry by TKO, rd 2. PRELIMINARY CARD
•Steve Cantwell vs. Brian Stann - the rematch nobody asked for. I see this going the same way the first one did. Cantwell by TKO, rd 2.

•Mike Pyle vs. Chris Wilson - Pyle by decision.

•C.B. Dollaway vs. Jay Silva - gonna go out on a limb here & take underdog, & newly signed Jay Silva by some kind of highlight reel TKO. rd 1.

•Phillipe Nover vs. Sam Stout - I would like to see Nover get some redemption for his horrible stoppage at UFC 98. Stout is a douche bag, he should've lost his UFC 97 bout to Matt Wiman. I hope Nover knocks him out.
Nover by submission, rd 1.

•Justin Buchholz vs. Jeremy Stephens - Stephens by TKO, rd 2.
•Brock Larson vs. Mike Pierce - Larson by submission, rd 1.
•Ryan Jensen vs. Steven Steinbeiss - Steinbess by decision.

No comments: