Tuesday, November 24, 2009

25 Questions with Lezley 'Peeling Onions' Davidson

1) Who are you & what do you do?

My name is Lezley Davidson. I'm a cartoonist and publish "Peeling Onions", a daily auto-bio web comic. I also have a day job, which we won't discuss.

2) Seen any good movies lately?

The last movie I saw in the theatre was "Up', which I liked - though why Pixar needs to kill off a character in the first 10 minutes of a kids movie is beyond me... but, whatever.

3) What are you listening to?

Lately I've been a little emo bitch and listening to Bon Iver, Iron & Wine, Death Cab for Cutie and other melancholy, deep sighing type of music. Yes, it's about a boy. Boys are dumb.

4) What do you do to relax?

I have a bath. With bubbles. Sometimes with salts. Sometimes both. It's nice and then I go to bed all toasty and comforted.

5) What's your favourite book?

My favourite novel is "The Colour Purple" by Alice Walker. My favourite graphic novel is the entire Sandman series. Yes, I AM allowed to choose the whole thing. Yes I am. Yes.

6) You order a pizza all to yourself, what toppings do you get?


I often order pizza all to myself and I order green olives, tomatoes, green pepper, pineapple, mushrooms and extra cheese. Yum.


7) What's your favourite fruit?


Lychee.


8) Favourite junk food?

Chips. Any chips, I love the fried potato in all it's forms and flavours. All hail potato joy.

9) What's the best concert you've ever been to?

Eminem's Up in Smoke Tour. Go ahead and judge me. It was awesome.

10) Biggie or Tupac?

Biggie. Tupac's hawt and smart and stuff, but seriously, Biggie had way better hooks and beats. You know it's true.


11) Who's your childhood crush?


Embarassingly, I had a crush on Ricky Schroder from Silver Spoons. I'm so happy this is being published.


12) If you could travel anywhere right now, where would you go?


To another galaxy that had life. That would be so interesting. Or China. I've always wanted to go to China. And not the cities either, but the middle of China in the country and see the fish head mountains and Yang Tze. You know... stuff.


13) Any TV shows you're watching right now ?

I am watching True Blood online and House. And remain in scowling mode over Heroes. What a waste.


14) What's your guilty pleasure?


Billy Joel ballads.... aw hell, ANY 70's love ballad. Chicago, Supertramp. I'm not explaining this any further. You either get it or you don't. *runs and hides*


15) Favourite super hero(es)?


PLEASE. Wonder Woman. Of COURSE.

16) What pisses you off?


People who judge. It's the worst characteristic in the world. Oh, looking at me being all judgey. Meh.

17) Rank these hairstyles from best to worst - fauxhawk, comb over, mushroom cut, mullet.

1. Fauxhawk
2. Mushroom cut
3. Mullet
4. Comb Over


18) Favourite Saturday Night Live cast member (past or present) & why?


Mike Myers for always and forever. He's from Scarborough.


19) Saturday morning cartoon you had to watch?


Gawd - I watched Krofft Super Star Special and Spiderman and Barba Poppa and Rocket Robin Hood...


20) Craziest place you've ever done the 'no pants dance' ?


Every bathroom at Art Camp during high school. (Camp Walden through the TDSB).

21) Beverly Hills 90210 or Saved by the Bell?

The ORIGINAL Beverly Hills 90210. We used to gather in the common room at university and watch 90210 and then Melrose Place. What a bunch of geeks. The boys liked it too though. Or they were there because the girls were there. It's hard to tell.

22) Favourite artist(s)?

Tara McPherson, Audrey Kawasaki, Andre Jolicoeur, Chris Uminga.

23) If you were on death row what would your last meal be?

Crab, Lobster, Shrimp, Mussels... mmmm seafood.

24) 20 years from now, you will be_____________?

Nearing retirement, which I will never do because I will be working as a cartoonist which I love. Who the hell knows. I hope I'm happy and satisfied.

25) How awesome are you? Feel free to use a scale of 1 - 10.

8 - nicely done, but still room for improvement.

Take good care,
Lezley
http://lezleydavidson.com
http://twitter.com/lezleydavidson
http://www.linkedin.com/in/lezleydavidson
http://www.youtube.com/LezleyDavidson


1 comment:

lezley Davidson said...

Sweet! Thanks Shane, you're rad.
:)